Here’s how …
We’ve all said, “There ought to be a better way” about something.
Well, 40 years ago, that’s exactly what a group of Legionnaires did. They all had families they loved, and of course each had purchased separately the medical plans they needed to protect their loved ones.
But … what if they pooled their buying power? What if they could pool the resources of their entire Department of The American Legion? And what if other Departments in other states came on board?
The idea took off like wildfire.
Today — 40 years later! — what that means for you is twofold: 1) affordable group rates on high-quality insurance programs you already have — or need; and 2) a place to go for answers about all the things your military service entitles you to.
From doctor visits to Medicare supplements to using the VA health system and even pension questions, here’s your personal Legionnaire “go to resource” for your family’s needs.
We encourage you to use your Legionnaire options to their fullest extent!
Some facts you should know:
- Founded in 1966, the LIT has been serving Legionnaires for 40 years
- The LIT serves 48 American Legion Departments
- Over 1,000,000 Legionnaires are enrolled
- Over $400 million has been paid in claims to Legionnaires
- Each program includes a free 30-day review, so you can take your time to look over each plan BEFORE you buy it.
- Each program guarantees your satisfaction, or your money back.
- Each Department participating in the LIT has its own elected representative called a Trust Director. This person actively oversees the Department’s participation in the Legionnaire Insurance Trust, so you always have a state contact working for you.
In addition, your participating Department of The American Legion has arranged on your behalf $1,000.00 of Accidental Death Coverage at No Cost to You. This entitlement is nearly four times the value of the $255 Social Security burial benefit anyone receiving Social Security gets – and it pays in addition to it.